Thursday, November 25, 2010

Its Thanksgiving

Writing  this blog from my regional house where I just had  a awesome thanksgiving lunch. So what's a regional house?  Each region has its own house were volunteers can go and hangout with each other, you know get away from our work site for a while, relax, etc, its little America. My regional house is in Kolda


The volunteers in my region got together and prepared a delicious thanksgiving feast Senegalese style. We got a turkey, killed it cleaned it and deep fried it. We had stuffing, green bean casarole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, grilled chickens, cranberry sauce, garlic bread corn, gravy and salad  with cheese (trust me it's a luxury here). AND YUMMY deserts, we had pumpkin pie made out of squash, apple crisp carrot cake and eggnog (i made the last two). With Sam's help.. A new bff here


This was a very awesome thanksgiving. It was a first for most of us, preparing an actual feast without the help of parents and family members. We went to the market got everything and made it ourselves.. and the best part ALL OF IT WAS FROM SCRATCH.. 


We all went around saying what we were most thankful of.. and I am just thankful to have such a awesome Peace Corps family in this region. And it was nice getting to see other volunteers and people we had not seen in while.


SO friends back home.. I hope you guys had a awesome and bless-filled thanksgiving like I did


LOVE
 

My carrot cake


No comments:

Post a Comment