Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Last 10 days

Okay Guys,


I have nothing in particular I just want to give an update on what has been going on these past two days. Just so you know, THESE HAS BEEN THE HARDEST 10 days of PST. Just because I saw my site, I LOVED IT, I’ve seen soo many possibilities on how I could help my city, so I just want to move down there and start working.


The food situation I think got worst. I liked Ramadan better because at least the dinner was OKAY since they had not eaten all day and it was there only meal. However, now for lunch there is a OKAY meal, which off course I’m not fond OFF SOOO, I don’t get to eat much. Then dinner is leftover lunch (double trouble). Or plain white rice and dreaded palm oil (tentulu). So needless t say, I’ve not been eating much so I’ve just been hungry making me week and less able to do other stuff… I don’t know if I’m loosing weight or not since hwen I do eat it’s JUST RICE.. and my clothes are getting all big and loose due to how laundry is done here sooo IDK


BUT on another note.. my permanent families food is much worsr than my current family soo the food sucks more and it’s a smaller town SOOO I’ve decided to do ALL my cooking when I get to my permanent site. That may be a big thing for the family to comprehend because they love sharing food and they may just think I’m rude.. O Well.. and my Predecessor ate like ALL his meals with them. SO I see them saying “Amhed is better than you he ate with us.” The food was the last thing I thought I would have problems with, since I’ve been around West Africa and I love the food.. BUT Senegal is bottom on my list when it comes to food.


And I’ve being, feeling under the weather, having a cold. Maybe from not eating. OH and I had some insect in my right eye. The sucker was walking in my eye. I had it in there for at least 5days. So that was full of headaches and all. My dad did not believe my eye was hurting since it was not red and my mom said it’s because I’m not eating, lol… So the eye doctor had to cut the bug out it was living in my upper eye lid, and he gave me some eye antibiotics. SOO I’m okay now.. just some headaches.


So I got to go Dakar as result of this.. SHOUT out to the Peace Corps medical staff (PCMO’S). The best medical care I’ll probably ever have in my life. I called them and told them what was wrong they sent a car to pick me up, spent two nights in Dakar. The med hut is AWESOME, which had hot running water AC and you know the whole 9yards, Mini US. Dakar is beautiful, at least downtown. Sorry no pics ( I just got a ride since I was going to the doctor). Looks like a mini island a beach all along the coast.


SOOO now it’s crunch time, 2weeks before I become a actual volunteer..October 16, when I pass this language test. I got Novice-High on my latest result, so I’m two steps away from the needed result. People keep saying you speak the language really well and I’m like TELL THAT TO SAMBE KANDE (the guys doing and grading the tests). So I know I would do it. I asked him do you think I’ll get this language in the next two weeks he says yes if you keep trying it depends on you.


This week we get to do counterpart (our work partners) and supervisor workshops, 6 more days in the villages, our last language test and tech tests. AND BECOMING a P.C.V (Peace Corps Volunteer)

No comments:

Post a Comment