Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Korite

So I don't know what's the English word for Korite, or if it  is the English  or at least the universal word this Muslim holiday..BUT it's the day used to celebrate the end of Ramadan, the fasting month, and this is determined based on when the moons goes down.

It has also created a problem with scheduling and confusing because no when is the actual day of the holiday till the moon goes down.. One minute we are the training center next we are with our families sooo it has been quite confusing..

Anyways its a big deal here since its 95% muslim. The people are soo excited, I guess this is because they having been fasting for a whole month straight and they have been the holiest... So they are ready to get back to life..

Everyone is getting ready.. People kill chickens, they just dont eat fish that day.. YAYAYAY...Women, young girls are getting their hair did. Men are getting hair cuts. Outfits are been made for everyone in the family.. So this is every exciting.

My family is making me a outfit too.. My dad asked me one night, so do you have a outfit for Korite and I said so he said, I just said I did not have the time which was true... So he said we shall get you one..

Then the next day him and my  mom called me and said here is the material, and when your uncle comes home tonight he would take your measurement. And that night..he did.. I did not get to pick the style or anything SOOO we shall see...

That was sooo nice of them..

2 comments:

  1. aww pam you call them mum and dad thats nice.

    how is ramadan going. do u have to fast. bcos it might be wrong to just eat around them

    ReplyDelete
  2. welll yea they know we r not muslim so we dont have to fas so we r suppose to eat our rooms and not infront of then

    ReplyDelete