Monday, February 7, 2011

I Got to watch the Super Bowl too

I was not left behind in the festivities of Super bowl 45. A bunch of us got together in the Kolda regional house to watch it. It did not start till around 1:30am, our time here but, we were all patriotic, so, we stayed up till around 4am just for the super bowl. One of the volunteers has his parents use slingbox (I think that what’s it’s called) to stream it to us throw the internet. When the game started everyone was kicked off the internet so we can have the real time experience just as if we were in the U.S. It was projected on screen, well for us on a wall.

We also had a big feast to go along with it, so it was a super bowl party Senegal style. We had grilled pork, which I carved mac and cheese, baked beans, devil eggs and apple cobbler. The food was soo delicious, ate soo much that I could not even move for a while.

The projector had a bit of a glitch but that was fix..THANK GOD.

Needless to say it was fun getting to hang out with the volunteers. This super bowl however, seemed quite patriotic, any particular reason why? I was also not that impressed by the commercials. They all seem boring, outdrawn and some just did not make any sense.

OH I was extremely happy that this Sierra Leonean player won some award that was presented in the beginning, due to his humanitarian.

Well now I have to catch up on my sleep. I’m panting a mural tomorrow, at a school, in a computer lab. I will be working with this school in rendering some IT classes to students, teachers, Admin and some parents.

OH CONGRATS Packers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment