Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Celeberation!!!

Bday cake ordered by Sam.. Was almost as decilious as the U.S.
 

One of the best Bday memories of my life!! Who can top drinking Polish nuns dancing souja boy “Crank that” and them acting like American thugs.

I must start of by saying I love my PC/Kolda family, they made this one of my best bday memories. One of the best birthday’s I’ve had since my young age. Oh I must add I am now 22, getting up there in age.


Well, my actually bday was uneventful, just any other day in the life of Ms. Pratt. Got calls from American friends, (well only two, Yinka and Lele) and family, more calls from the PC family.


This is not how I intended to spend the day BUT this is Senegal, nothing goes as planned. I was in Dakar for med reasons, and then decided to visit St. Louis (5hrs from Dakar) for the weekend, it was jazz festival. Then I was going to take the overnight bus home, on Sunday and be on time to celebrate my bday, the Monday. So I reserved my space on the bus, however, I was not able to pick up my ticket since I was in St. Louis, I was only going to be able to make it back on time for the bus at night. And OFFCOURSE, they said it was okay, but guess what, it was not, I had to pay for the ticket by a certain time or they will give away my spot and that is what they did.. COMMUNICATION! COMUNICATION!! So just bought a ticket for the next day.


Therefore I was stuck on my bday in Dakar, in the Med hut (our PC hospital), with not enough money in my bank account to celebrate in Dakar. Friends mandate (paycheck) had ran out, already being in Dakar for a week


Polish ganster nun





PARTY!!!


Ok fast-forward, make it back to site and I got to celebrate my bday that Wednesday.


Mike, my husband, Sam, my jaja, Jeanne, Rachael, Cara and Charlene, and Aly in Spirt all made it out for the celebration, with my banker friends whom got there later. OH and the nuns.

It was really lovely; the nuns learning how to crank that, Macarena, and various others. We had delicious warthog, cake, and delicious Senegalese beverages.

We made it home about 2 in the morning, with four people in my bed (the intake of how many people my bed can take keeps going up) and one on the floor (we could have squeezed her in too)!!!


Lecious pork dinner.


So this is just thanks to everyone who made my 22 years on this earth special.. LOVE YOU all J

No comments:

Post a Comment