Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Worries

Ok guys... these are just a few worries I have for my new life but I'm sure I'll adapt..there is JUST NO OTHER CHOICE right? lol.. This is in no order although I think the toilet is my biggest issue..




  1. Its majority MUSLIM.
    • I'm not against the religion but its a  conservative one. And it been in Africa, it would be more traditional. This means I have to change my dressing and now looking at my closet must of my current clothes would not work in my new culture... this means Shopping. I have to wear longer things that cover up more of my body BUT its HOT. I guess after a while ill get use to it... 
    • The 5am prayers i'm use to, because in Sierra Leone, i get that wake up call all the time anyways, when there..
    • The diet won't be that different I guess no pork but  I don't eat it much now anyways. 
  2. I don't eat/like beans
    • So I was reading up on what's a staple in Senegal and its beans... I hate beans, peas, all types and all variations in this family expect string beans. We shall see how this goes because apparently its mixed in with everything.. So hopefully its sooo mixed in that I wont notice it or taste it..
  3. We all eat together and with our hands
    • I love the idea of family and togetherness.. All i have to say about this is I hope everyone washes their hands Properly before eating.
  4. I'm I up to par
    • Another thing is DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES..I know my job is in small business as I'm a small business development agent. Altho I don't don't know my exact job I know it involves writing grants, getting small business owners on their feet and less dependable on  handouts and loans..I had originally been nominated for youth development, but this is were I was placed so i guess if the Peace Corps thinks I have it in me I MUST. I just hope I will be able to serve the people I will be sworn to serve.
    • I know I can do anything that I have my mind set on and this is one of them.. the Peace Corps thought I had it in me so I guess I do.. Plus we get more than enough training..
  5. The Toilet
    My New bathroom
    This picture on the left will be my new bathroom system for both NO. 1 and 2. Its pretty much a shoot and aim.. I hope i can make it all the time especially for those No.2s that can get messy.. O well we shall see how that goes.. I'm sure I'll have some funny stories for you.

    4 comments:

    1. You'll be fine...you did live in the bushes of Salone for most of you life...joking...but the toilet is not even as bad as I thought, I was expecting just a hole in the ground but this one is porcelain and nice...and of course you can do all things through Christ :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Pammi,
      Im soooo proud of you, and i know that you will be just fine!!!! You're AWESOME!!! I love you, and i will stay posted!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. hehe i had those squatting toilets in taiwan and china too.. practice makes perfect =) but believe me, first time was a disaster....

      ReplyDelete
    4. Pam.. U will be as fine as it is.. u kno d saying "mask d Ol" just be attentive and don't miss the spot... am so gonna miss u for every thing.. Have a wonderful life.. hit me up with all stories.. I pray u be guided by the most high in ur new LIFE.. PeAcE ! !

      ReplyDelete